Testing your valves
When you’re going to sell your valves, the challenge always is to be able to prove sections are matched or you’re truly offering a matched pair. This is the reason why many sellers of exotic valves or very good devices are looking to provide buyers with the right data before they make their purchase.
If you’re not selling your valves, then is good to be able to match a pair for a PP amp or simply select the best devices amongst your collection before using them in a phono or driver stage for example.
If you are looking to test your precious valves and you don’t have the equipment, I can now offer this service for you which includes:
- Valve health check
- Valve bias point measurement (Ia, Is @ Va, Vs)
- Transfer curves
- Characteristic curves
- Microphony (optional)
- Distortion – THD (optional)
- SPICE model for triodes (optional)
Some examples of an EL34 Mullard tested on request:
My fees are very competitive and this service is worth if you are looking to sell your valves or match them.
Terms and conditions:
- Price varies on level of testing and amount of valves
- Postage is not included and depend on your location. I’m in London, UK so you can easily estimate the costs beforehand.